Advanced Chemical Etching
ACE, a metal component manufacturer, has remained operational as an essential business during the Covid-19 pandemic supplying products to the medical and food industry.
The company has been operating in line with all guidelines to protect employees by providing a safe and well managed working environment. The company has also re-purposed some production to creating its own hand sanitiser according to WHO specifications.
A company spokesperson said:
“Keeping up a good level of communication has been really important. While it’s always been possible to pick up the phone or fire off an email, being able to meet online has meant we can work through the current situation and keep clients up to date as we normally would.
“While we would love to offer tours of the facility as we do in normal times, we know this just isn’t possible at the moment. Mobile devices have made it possible to give clients a look at the process remotely, so we can give people an insight into the types of services we offer while keeping them and our staff safe.”
Safe working measures introduced include:
- Home working where possible supported by remote technology to maintain good communication
- Strict procedures for protecting employees remaining on site
- Team members provided with with sanitising products
- Social distancing has been observed and all work stations are being separated to comply.
- Workloads prioritised to ensure critical supply chains remain operational
- Online tours of the facility to suppliers and customers