Fabweld Steel Products
Fabweld Steel Products (FSP) is a market leader in the design and manufacture of access covers and other fabricated steel products for the construction industry specialising in bespoke project work.
It designs, manufactures and ships its products across the UK and globally from its headquarters in Madeley, Telford.
As an essential business it has continued to operate safely during the pandemic thanks to a raft of new measures it introduced to ensure the well-being of staff.
Administrative and sales teams have been based at home with only the specific staff required working from the Telford factory.
The comprehensive safe working practices introduced by FSP include:
Two metre social distancing rules across the site
- A new one way system, clearly marked, to support distancing measures
- Mandatory PPE
- Quadrupling cleaning hours and additional hygiene measures
- Using split breaks on shifts
- Limiting the number of people in communal areas
- Amending the office layout to maintain social distancing
- Placing a 2-metre cordon around all machines, kiosks and work areas
- New protocols for delivery and despatch drivers to ensure social distancing is maintained
Managing Director Richard Hilton said:
“Our priority has always been to protect our staff whilst continuing to manufacture to meet the needs of our client base, many of which are essential infrastructure projects.
“We review our policies regularly and that has enabled us to work effectively at this difficult time.”