Ricoh UK Products Ltd
Ricoh UK Products Ltd (RPL) has remained open throughout the Covid-19 crisis, although on-site operations were suspended briefly at the start of the lockdown period whilst new Health and Safety measures were introduced
These additional measures include:
- A full risk assessment of operations to the UK Government ‘COVID Secure’ guidelines
- New employee guidelines and a Covid-19 awareness programme, to support safe working practices
- Modified work processes to ensure 2m social distancing
- Deployment of connected factory technology to enable remote process management
- Site access control modifications, including; one-way systems, waiting zones and floor markings to separate communal areas
- Home working, where possible, supported by Office 365 technology to ensure seamless connectivity to all stakeholders
- Increased site cleaning and hygiene measures
- Isolation pod installation for anyone who becomes ill on site
- The introduction of fixed and portable screens, to support the continued increase in production
Thanks to these measures, RPL has been able to deliver an uninterrupted service across all lines of business, although in some areas, customer demand has reduced significantly. In such cases, every effort has been made to repurpose operations with a view to delivering services with a societal benefit.
As a result, RPL’s 3D printing and in-house Moulding operations were re-focused on the nationwide effort to stop the spread of the virus. By producing tens of thousands of face shields, for frontline NHS and Care workers, the teams, have worked tirelessly to provide critical PPE whilst still ensuring the company remains reactive to its regular customer needs.
Rod Baggott/Company spokesperson said: “The health and welfare of employees and stakeholders has remained our no.1 priority throughout this fast-evolving situation. By introducing the necessary operational controls we’ve ensured no loss of service, and where opportunities have been identified, we’ve refocussed parts of our business to deliver a tangible benefit to society in these challenging times.”