Torus Technology Group
Torus Technology is a group of engineering companies providing industrial measurement, automation and support solutions to global industries.
The company’s UK headquarters at Nedge Hill is home to Torus Measurement Systems Limited which supplies automated measurement and testing machinery direct to high volume manufacturing clients around the world.
Although office-based staff are working from home, the company has continued to operate as an essential businesses during the pandemic after introducing new measures to ensure the safety of staff.
Safe working practices introduced include:
- Two metre social distancing rules across the site
- A new one way system, clearly marked, to support distancing measures
- New sanitiser stations strategically placed around the factory floor
- A new shift system for production staff which has reduced the number of employees on the shop floor by half at any one time
- Clear signage throughout to remind staff of infection measure controls including hand washing
- Guidance for essential visitors on site on new measures
Torus’ Fiona Southwick/company spokesperson, said:
“We are a global business and our response to the Covid-19 crisis has seen us introduce a number of new measures both to support our supply chains and customers and importantly maintain the health and safety of our teams.”